Thursday, April 9, 2009

World's Fastest Update

Hello loved ones and friends, I'm keeping this short today, lots to do and very little time to do it in.

Anyways, I worked a track meet tonight at my high school, I was the timer for 5th place. 5th place, wow, be careful, you don't want to mix up the time for the guy in last place! It was actually really fun, I enjoyed interacting with some co-workers and go to watch a few of my students run.


Life is busy! This week we received the section numbers for science classes and there is lots of good news! Here is the good news in a list form- remember lots to do and little time!

1. they need me! they need me! unlike other departments, they aren't cutting any science teaching positions!

2. we're getting strategic....we've fixed up my schedule for next year so that I am teaching some biology and some integrated chemistry/physics. I have a license to teach both and this will result in very few people being able to bump me!!

quick definition of bumping- someone with more seniority than me takes my job because their job was cut at another school within the district. This is very common and I'm on the very bottom of the seniority list!

3. There are only 4 teachers in my entire district who CAN actually bump me (because they have a biology and physics or chemistry license) and many of them are in secure positions at their current schools.

4. So, I'm feeling good and safe in my position at my school! I am SO thankful for how things have worked out! My co-workers have Now, the only thing we need to hope and pray for is that no one starts playing dirty.

5. How could someone play dirty?? --Let's say someone with just a biology license is cut and they see my schedule. They can declare that they are going to get an emergency license in chemistry or physics and take my job.

--not cool.


5. continued- so we need to pray this dirty bumping doesn't happen.

dirty bumping- ha ha, inappropriate!

6. Lately, I've been living by the "everything happens for a reason" motto and so far, it was worked out. I am starting to see that if I just stop worrying about what is happening around me and get to work. Things seem to run a little smoother. I focus on the important stuff and everything else just, somehow, fits into place. Call it God's plan, call it Good Karma, call it luck.
It's working.

7. Well, I better get to work. Lots of love! Tomorrow is Friday! Yippee!

No comments: