Monday, May 11, 2009

still stuck...

Still stuck.....
We woke up early and formed our plan. Called a taxi and called a parts store to see if they had our parts. They did! Our taxi came and the driver said that there was a parts store that was much closer....so we went there...they didn't have our parts.

They gave us directions to another parts store that DID have our parts and offered us a discount. So, we drove to the other parts store and got our parts. We got back to the hotel and got to work. Well, in order to put the belt on, we need to remove a part of the engine (or engine mount or something like that...) We did not have the tools for this. We borrowed some tools from the hotel maintenance man and got closer but still not close enough.

So we called in for back-up. Nick's dad drove down to help us. So, we had about 3 hours of grading papers and hanging out. Now Nick's dad is here and they are working while I work on lesson plans for tomorrow. I really don't want to miss another day of school!!??!! We'll see what happens. I'm so thankful that we've had so many helpful people! The hotel is letting us just hang out in the room, free of charge! And the taxi drive gave us a discount because he recommended the other store.

I've heard that I've been struck by the Coleman Car Curse-- I guess it was only a matter of time. :)

No comments: