Angie, I just read your prayer request on MckMama's blog. Know this: you ARE making a difference! It may not seem like it, and it may be daunting right now, but the kids can see you care & you will reach someone. Even if it's just one kid, that can be enough.
I know a little about this: I'm a school psychologist in the 2nd or 3rd largest parish in Louisiana - we've got LOTS of inner city. I work in one of them - I know about the end-of-the-year-craze. It does get better. Keep doing what you do - we need teachers who care!
Angie, I, too, was just at MckMama's and I want to encourage you. You are making a difference. I'm a teacher and know the struggles we so often face in the classroom. My situation has vastly improved since I began teaching nine years ago.
I teach little guys (2nd grade), so I find that I am CONSTANTLY reminded to show my students grace--the way the Father has shown me.
I'll be praying for you these final weeks of school. It doesn't matter where you teach, the final weeks of the school years are so hard.
3 comments:
Enjoy your car ride home!! Tell the fam I said hello. Don't pick any rock, instead just RELAX! and watch out for those squirels! love ya miss ya!
Angie, I just read your prayer request on MckMama's blog. Know this: you ARE making a difference! It may not seem like it, and it may be daunting right now, but the kids can see you care & you will reach someone. Even if it's just one kid, that can be enough.
I know a little about this: I'm a school psychologist in the 2nd or 3rd largest parish in Louisiana - we've got LOTS of inner city. I work in one of them - I know about the end-of-the-year-craze. It does get better. Keep doing what you do - we need teachers who care!
Elaine
Angie, I, too, was just at MckMama's and I want to encourage you. You are making a difference. I'm a teacher and know the struggles we so often face in the classroom. My situation has vastly improved since I began teaching nine years ago.
I teach little guys (2nd grade), so I find that I am CONSTANTLY reminded to show my students grace--the way the Father has shown me.
I'll be praying for you these final weeks of school. It doesn't matter where you teach, the final weeks of the school years are so hard.
Post a Comment