Thursday, August 21, 2008

grrrrr

what is it about me that makes my students want to steal stuff????????????????


today one of my students stole a balance (something you'd use to find the weigh/mass of an object) from my room. most likely to weigh out drugs to sell them. i am very very not happy.

but, hopefully, we will catch him/her. i am pretty sure they went out a backroom in my classroom that is not used. it is looked from the outside but is meant as an emergency exit. well after the crime took place, i noticed that door was cracked open. and luckily there is a security camera that points almost directly at the door. so, hopefully it will be really easy to see the criminal walk out of the room with the balance in hand.

lesson learned, never trust kids, lock up everything. i am good about locking up my personal stuff but i just totally forgot that they could be interested in stealing a balance. we were using them for a lab today and we were measuring the mass of pennies and I actually thought they might steal my bag of pennies. i just didn't even think of the balance. i told my department head who made me feel better, saying kids stealing stuff like this isn't uncommon. "it happens to the best of us" and luckily it isn't really too expensive.

so hopefully we bust this kid. i guess my new school just needs me to make a statement like I did at my last school. You don't mess with Ms. P, I will find you, you will get caught.

just to vent- I HATE IT WHEN KIDS STEAL STUFF! I really hope we catch this kid b/c I will see that he/she get all of the punishments they can.

No comments: