Well, it is officially the weekend after the second week of school! The second year of teaching is WAY better than the first year. I feel like I have this stuff all under control. I know what to expect, I have strategies for at least half of the crazy stuff that goes on around here and some of the crazy stuff doesn't surprise me as much as it did last year. It's awesome!!
I am teaching three Junior/Senior classes, one freshman class, and two freshman special ed/lower level learner classes. I already have a couple of classes that are really fun and a couple of problem kids. We'll see how this changes over the year.
I have a much better quality of life compared to last year. Last year, if you recall, I was coming home from school pretty early (because I was carpooling) and would maybe take a nap or get to work. Because I was home I would half work, half watch tv, half make food/clean, half hang out with Nick or a couple of friends. I would work my butt off until midnight, go to sleep and wake up at 5:30 to do it all over again. I was not getting a lot of sleep...but I was surviving the first year of teaching with only a couple of crying break downs at school (luckily, none were in front of the kids).
Oh but this year! This year is awesome! I wake up at about 5:00, get to school at 6:3o am and work work work. The school day happens and I stay at school till 5:00 pm. I stay till 5:00 pm no matter what. I work on stuff and if I get stuff for the next day done, I work on stuff for the future. I arrive home at 5:30 with nothing but my purse. I then enjoy my time with Nick, friends or myself. I've had time to do stuff like exercise, watch tv, talk on the phone, and relax. I try to be in bed by 10:30 pm and get a good night sleep.
Holy cow! It's been so great! Hopefully, it will last all year!
As for the weekend, no plans yet and that's okay with me!
Lots of love!
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment