Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Things that make me happy

Well hello! It's been a while! The summer has been enjoyably busy, yet relaxed at the same time. I am still working on getting the pictures from my trip up on the computer. My lap top isn't reading my camera card correctly and I need to do something about it. But, that might have to wait. I promise....someday, you'll see the pictures from our awesome trip to Wisconsin!

In the mean time.... a lot has happened! My high school's marching band won the state title! That was awesome and gave me goosebumps! I have thoroughly enjoyed giving my kids high fives and congratulating them on their accomplishment!

I have been working my school's registration all week. (This is where I have been giving the high fives) Registration is great! I have been getting used to the school schedule and catching up with some of my fellow teachers. I really love teaching! I took our gerbils to school- I hope the kids like them! We have teacher meetings on Friday and Monday and the kids come on Tuesday (the 18th).

My cousin, Emily, and her husband, Brad, are on their way to Kuwait to teach in an international exchange program. I was luck enough to see them a couple of times before they begin on their journey. They are both teachers and I really enjoyed talking with them about school "stuff". They plan to update a blog while teaching in Kuwait- if you'd like to follow- click here! :)

Life is good around Muncie. Amy came for a visit one night. It was awesome to see her, catch up, and relive our good old days. I don't have a lot of close friends- Amy is a special close friend and I'm really thankful for her!!

Nick is relaxing after taking summer classes and working all summer. I am so proud of him because he got an A- in his most recent summer class, Math for Physics Grad Students.

I've been thinking about posting something fun recently and wanted to let you in on something I do from time to time. When things get stressful, frustrating, or overwhelming, I make myself recite 5 things that make me happy and thankful for life.

So, starting tomorrow, I will begin my 5 things that make me happy segment. Highlighting one thing everyday for the next 5 days.

Tomorrow's thing: FAMILY

Prepare yourself for daily blogging again, rather than once every two weeks.

lots of love!

No comments: