My Job
Oh boy does my job make me happy!! Granted, I only have one year of experience under my belt, but I LOVE being a teacher. I love working with kids, I love sharing my love for science and well, I love being busy. I am a high school science teacher at an urban, public school. I teach a wide variety of kids- some come from lower econmic backgrounds, some come from single parent homes, some have children, some play sports, some are rich, some live on their own, some have learning disabilities, and some have criminal records. I treat them all like they are the same as often as I possibly can. Some of them just need an adult to respect them and give them a chance and that's me. I love teaching the "rough around the edges" kids because I know they can be influence by someone who treats them positively. I do things other teachers won't...like hold after school and before school study sessions before tests, teach them how to study for a comprehensive final exam, give notes almost daily, make them keep their heads up, and keep inappropriate phrases like "that's gay, you're retarded, and shut up" out of the classroom. Why do I do all of this? Well, maybe because I'm young and full of energy, but I pray that it never goes away, because I do feel like I make a difference.
I just love being a teacher.
It is so rewarding and so fun!
I also love my job because I have it. There was a point this spring where I thought I might loose this particular job. I am so thankful that this didn't take place. Considering the tough economic times that we are living it- to have any job is great, to have a job you enjoy is a blessing.
My job is a blessing and I can't wait to start the new school year this Tuesday!
Next up on this "Things that make me happy" segment:
My apartment and car
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment