Sunday, January 10, 2010

Avatar!


Nick and I saw the movie Avatar at the IMAX theater with some friends today. The entire movie is in 3D and it was pretty awesome! I haven't really seen a 3D movie/tv show for a few years and usually the 3D effects were cheesy. This movie, however, was very different. The entire movie was 3D and the effects weren't pop in your face crazy. Instead, they provided texture and dept to every scene. It was so cool!

The movie is almost 3 hours long-but it didn't seem that long. I would suggest that anyone who sees the movie should pick back of the theater, middle of the row seats. There were times when it seemed like my eyes had trouble focusing and it kind of made me feel dizzy. Overall, it was a fun movie. The plot is kind of cheesy at times- it reminded me of the cartoon movie "Fern Gully."

-- Here is an IMDB summary:

In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran, is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture. --


Other than the movie- Nick and I did a lot of cleaning around the house. I'm glad he likes to clean with me. :)

Alright- time for bed. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow!

No comments: