Alright, I've been pretty busy lately. But, today we had another snow day!! We got about 12 inches of snow last night, not only did they cancel all of the schools around here but they closed the University too! No school for Nick!! You know it's bad when they give college kids a snow day.
So, let's look back at about a week ago when I made "sugar cookies."
They weren't really cookies but mini cakes. They were very soft and good. I am not really sure what happened when I made them, they were too sticky to roll out so I just took a spoon full and put them on the cookie sheet. They were still very tasty and Nick and our friends still ate a lot of them. I'll let you know how my second attempt goes.
Well, it was my 24 birthday last Friday! I received all of your beautiful cards in the mail! Thank you! Nick and I and a few friends went to a Japanese Restaurant where they make the food in front of you. It was very fun!Mom and Dad sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers at school. The kids were really good on Friday, I think they were behaving because it was my birthday. Here is a picture of the lovely flowers they sent me. :)
Well, that brings us to today! We got about 12 inches of snow last night!! Here are a couple of pictures from the "blizzard." The second one is a green ruler!! I know you northerners have seen that many times, but it's still impressive to me.
So, we're snowed in here. Doing lots of cleaning, school working, and relaxing! ahhhh....I love snow days!
Lots of love!
3 comments:
Hope you had a superb b-day....looks like you did. I had to zoom in to look more closely at the restaurant photo. For a second I thought perhaps Barb had zapped herself off to Indiana for your B-day. (One of your friends from far away has the very same blonde hair/haircut!!!!)
Check out this Blog on WI v-ball.....note the Ball State reference!!!!
http://cheeseandvolleyball.blogspot.com/
AWWWW!!!! I'm so glad that I blog with you now, now I can see the little cakes that you made!!! Haha, they look delicious, who needs cookies?!?!
Post a Comment