My dad is doing much better! I went to visit him on Tuesday night and he looked okay. It was post surgery on his legs, so he was pretty sleepy. I guess he will get to get out of bed tomorrow to begin some therapy in a wheel chain. (that sounds weird, therapy IN a wheel chair) He will have to have one more surgery for some broken bones in his foot next week. When I talked to him on the phone today he was in good spirits and enjoying a pizza. We made plans to get together and play cards at the hospital on Saturday night. Mom is doing well. She's sleeping at the hospital and staying busy. Luckily, Daniel is really close and can visit when he's done with his classes.
It sounds like Dad will get to come home mid-week next week! Grandpa P. and Uncle Bill already started building a wheel chair ramp in front of the house. (It sounds like he will have to be in a wheel chair for about 3 weeks and then he'll upgrade to walking casts)
Everything else is going well over here in J-ville. We are enjoying the snow and so is little Kona. I am very busy with school and Nick is busy with some training for his new job. Today, I did a lab with my Freshman. Freshman and fire, always exciting. We did well and no one got burnt or started on fire. The kids did manage to break three thermometers and three beakers. However, with three separate classes of Physical Science, that is pretty much "par for the course." :)
I better get back to some grading right now!
Have a lovely night (or morning)!
-Ang
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Angie! I'm glad your dad is okay! I just talked to my mom after I saw your post and looks liek he was really lucky! Thinking of him often and the rest of the family too! Here's to a speedy recover Ernie!!! Love you guys! Sarah
Post a Comment